Thursday, December 3, 2009

...Thursday...Circus Day???

Okay...today's topic might be a little hard...but I will give it a try...

Circus day...I have not been to a circus in ages...I have fond memories of them...we would go as a family...a lot of fun.

I think the older I get, the definition of circus has changed...I often find myself sounding like my mother, i.e. "this house is like a three-ring-circus!!!" or circus can refer to the general craziness/weirdness that we may encounter.

Today's circus-like situation happened at work. I am just chalking it up to it being a kinda full moon out there. Usually brings in the crazies...it certainly did this evening. Long story short, I had a member yell at me for something I had no control over...seriously. I was strong during the "confrontation" (to which my manager said I handled the right way) while he was cursing me and calling me every name in the book.

Of course, I broke down after he left.

I have never cried in front of my co-workers or my boss.

I felt like a failure. That I let this guy win. He got the better of me.

I take pride in my job. I may not be brightest crayon in the box, and this may not be the most glamorous job in the world, but I do a good job at it. I am proud of the job that I do. Some days I may grumble, but I HAVE a job...some people out there don't. I have to take the good with the bad. Point is, I take the job I do seriously and I am good at it. When someone tries to take that away from me, I get mad, upset. I might have to talk to my therapist about taking things so personally, but I do feel that this was a personal attack on me.

Oh well. He called me a "little b*tch with an attitude"...hey, I have to look on the brightside...at least he did not call me fat!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can NOT stand to be yelled at. But you didn't cry in front of him, so I don't think you let him win!!
    I hope tomorrow goes better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have those days when I worked Guest Services at Universal. People woud swear at me and call me all sorts of names because they didnt read signs or maps. YOU have to know that it isnt you it is TOTALLY them and they suck!!!
    I Love You WHOLE LOTS!!!! and am ready to mess anyone else up who messes with you!!!
    xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete