Saturday, December 5, 2009

...not much today, and that is just the way I like it...

Not much going on today...and that is just how I like it.  Of course, I had AJ (my dear nephew, age 21 months) over so my sister and brother-in-law could attend a wedding last night.  When Michael and AJ get together...watch out!!!  They ran and ran and ran until they crashed, on the floor, at about 1030 last night.  Of course, I did not head to bed until about 230 in the morning...and AJ promptly woke up about ten minutes later.  He ended up in bed with me and Mike (Mike can NOT stand this...did not like it when Michael was little, does not like it now...) because it was just easier.  I know for a fact that he sleeps in my sister's bed as well.  Of course, he was up and ready for his day at the ungodly hour of 6am.  I have not been back to sleep yet.  More than 10 hours later, and I am still going "strong".  Strong may not be the right word, as I sit here and yawn while playing on the computer.  Consolation is, that I SHOULD sleep well this evening. 

On a positive note, I am planning on heading out to the gym to try to wake me up.  I have not comforted myself wiwth fast food this week.  I have stayed on plan and have tracked everything.  Every BLT, every minute of activity, every sip of liquid.  I have met my 8HGs every day except today.  Hmmm...tired and not meeting all of my HGs...coincidence, I think not.  I had such a great week, all things considered, I DID treat myself to a new earring yesterday.  Something that the "old" me would have worn.  Perhaps I should not refer to myself as the "old" me or the "new" me.  I am the same person I always was.  I have changed a bit, but that comes with age.  I believe that the "old" me is the REAL me waiting to get out from under the layers and layers of fat that I have "protected" myself with.  Protected myself from what, you ask???  I don't even know.  I am certain that the fat is hiding something.  Don't know what...but my therapist and I are trying to hammer that out. 

Today has been quiet.  Took the boys to get their Christmas pictures taken.  I was kind of upset at first.  I took Michael to get his done, and wanted to get at least one of him and AJ together, since I would have AJ anyway.  Just one pic of the cousins together...mainly as a Christmas gift to my parents.  When I mentioned this to my mother, she did not understand why I would want a picture of the two of them together, when they are "just cousins".  Just cousins?!?!?  Yes, I grew up the oldest of 16 cousins on her side, and the second oldest of 11 on my dads.  AJ is the only cousin Michael has until Ellen has #2.  Michael tells me every day how much he loves his cousin.  The relationship that these two are going to have is going to be more like brothers.  It kind of makes me sad that my mom thinks that they are "just cousins".  The pictures turned out awesome!!!




That is about all I have for now...off to the gym...I have been yapping about it all day now...  :)

Love to all. 


1 comment:

  1. that is SUCH a sweet picture!!!!!! Mom will love it once she sees it and she will realize that it is a good idea!!!! xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete