Sunday, December 20, 2009

...bad week...but it's over and done...ready to start over...

This has been a challenging week to say the least.  We are so out of money.  Things are looking up.  Really.  There is some money in the bank, finally...not much, but we aren't going to lose the house!!!  I still have issues with coping with stress.  I did NOT turn to food this time...in a way.  I would have turned to Ronald McDonald, the Burger King or the Dairy Queen to comfort me. This time, I stayed away from the fast food joints...HOWEVER, I have been craving carbs like nobody's business.  I have been eating toasted Arnold Thins in great quantity...topped with butter.  Not spray butter.  Land o' Lakes Rich Buttery Spread.  Yum.  Did you know that when you eat one Arnold Thin it is 1 WW Point, but if you eat 2 they are 3.5 Points?!?!?  YIKES!!!  I wonder what the Point Value is if you eat four for dinner???  I am too scared to find out...plus the butter...oy!!!

I do know that the newest medicine I am on (Abilify) to help with the depression, anxiety and bi-polar issues can cause weight gain.  My doctor told me that it does not cause weight gain in ALL patients.  It causes weight gain because it causes you to crave carbs.  I did not believe her at first...but once I was on the higher dose for more than two weeks, I could really tell that the carbs were ruling my life.  I feel so bloated and lethargic.  I don't keep a lot of refined carbs in the house...we eat mostly whole grain breads and pastas...but too much of a good thing IS a bad thing.  I am afraid of the scale on Tuesday.  Really, really afraid.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...and I will focus on getting my 8HGs in...get more fruits/vegs like I was before.  Mentally, I feel good...have had ups and downs this week...but managed them. 

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow...we will see how it goes.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment