Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday ~ Fun With Music

Monday is Fun with Music Day.  I know everyone is so tired of hearing about my love affair with Adam Lambert.  Yes, I do love Adam Lambert.  His music is awesome, his style is phenonmnial, he is hot with a capital HOT, and he is one of the few people that when I meet, I will scream like a little girl.  I just love him and his "black kohl liner".  Yes I do.



This week, I will focus on how important a part music has played in my life.  I have listened to all sorts of music.  When I was small, I loved Mister Rogers.  I had a Mister Rogers record album that I listened to all of the time.  I think I liked his soothing voice whe he sang...kind of like a lullabye.  My father listened to all sorts of music, mainly "classic rock".  My mother listened to talk radio.  Seriously.  I do love talk radio to this day.  I think that my mother would listen to anything that wouldn't give her a "headache".  :)

I grew up in the eighties...the onset of MTV...Duran Duran, Boy George, Van Halen...all sorts of great music...and we had pictures and stories to go along with them.







Duran Duran was my very most favorite.  I had the albums, cassettes, posters, magazines.  They covered my walls.  I even got in trouble at school for forgetting to put my name on a paper, instead I signed it "DDFF" ~ Duran Duran Fan Forever.  Yeah, my teacher held it up for the class to see, and I had to sheepishly retrieve it in front of the class.  I remember that like yesterday.  I was sad that my teacher did not understand, and that she humiliated me in front of the class...but I was damn proud to be a "Duranie".  ;)

1984.  The year I turned 11.  I was in fifth/sixth grade.  A very pivotal time in my life.  Sixth graders were sent to junior high that year.  Meaning lockers, changing classes, different teachers and a real school schedule.  You see, I grew up in a district that had year round schools for elementary students.  We went to school nine weeks, off three.  Going to junior high meant that I had a WHOLE, glorious summer.  I was a grown up.  I got to stay home when my sisters had to go off to school.  That was the summer that my mother enrolled me in the Columbia House Record Club.  I went to http://www.musicoutfitters.com/ and looked up their Top 100 songs of that year.  Oh the memories...I remember about 90% of them...the others, I bet I would remember once I heard them.  I remember making "mix tapes" from my records or on my dual tape deck.  My best girlfriend, Kelly (who was a year older, making her a soon-to-be-glamorous 7th grader) and I would lay out on our beach chairs for hours...tanning, swimming when we got hot, listening to music.  1984 brings back so many memories...that was the year we were introduced to someone from Detroit named Madonna.  I can't believe it has been 25 years!!!  When I think back to being a little girl...music from 25 years ago seemed so...old.  Now, I would have no problem popping in a CD of this music...and flashing back to yesterday...

Love to All.


1. When Doves Cry, Prince


2. What's Love Got to Do With It, Tina Turner

3. Say Say Say, Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson

4. Footloose, Kenny Loggins

5. Against All Odds (Take a Look At Me Now), Phil Collins

6. Jump, Van Halen

7. Hello, Lionel Richie

8. Owner of a Lonely Heart, Yes

9. Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jr.

10. Karma Chameleon, Culture Club

11. Missing You, John Waite

12. All Night Long (All Night), Lionel Richie

13. Let's Hear It for the Boy, Deniece Williams

14. Dancing In the Dark, Bruce Springsteen

15. Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper

16. The Reflex, Duran Duran

17. Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper

18. Jump (For My Love), Pointer Sisters

19. Talking In Your Sleep, Romantics

20. Self Control, Laura Branigan

21. Let's Go Crazy, Prince and The Revolution

22. Say It Isn't So, Daryl Hall and John Oates

23. Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins

24. Joanna, Kool and The Gang

25. I Just Called to Say I Love You, Stevie Wonder

26. Somebody's Watching Me, Rockwell

27. Break My Stride, Matthew Wilder

28. 99 Luftballons, Nena

29. I Can Dream About You, Dan Hartman

30. The Glamorous Life, Sheila E.

31. Oh Sherrie, Steve Perry

32. Stuck On You, Lionel Richie

33. I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues, Elton John

34. She Bop, Cyndi Lauper

35. Borderline, Madonna

36. Sunglasses At Night, Corey Hart

37. Eyes Without a Face, Billy Idol

38. Here Comes the Rain Again, Eurythmics

39. Uptown Girl, Billy Joel

40. Sister Christian, Night Ranger

41. Drive, Cars

42. Twist of Fate, Olivia Newton-John

43. Union of the Snake, Duran Duran

44. The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll, Huey Lewis and The News

45. Hard Habit to Break, Chicago

46. The Warrior, Scandal

47. If Ever You're In My Arms Again, Peabo Bryson

48. Automatic, Pointer Sisters

49. Let the Music Play, Shannon

50. To All the Girls I've Loved Before, Julio Iglesias and Willie Nelson

51. Caribbean Queen, Billy Ocean

52. That's All, Genesis

53. Running With the Night, Lionel Richie

54. Sad Songs (Say So Much), Elton John

55. I Want a New Drug, Huey Lewis and The News

56. Islands in the Stream, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton

57. Love Is a Battlefield, Pat Benatar

58. Infatuation, Rod Stewart

59. Almost Paradise, Mike Reno and Ann Wilson

60. Legs, ZZ Top

61. State of Shock, Jacksons

62. Love Somebody, Rick Springfield

63. Miss Me Blind, Culture Club

64. If This Is It, Huey Lewis and The News

65. You Might Think, Cars

66. Lucky Star, Madonna

67. Cover Me, Bruce Springsteen

68. Cum On Feel the Noize, Quiet Riot

69. Breakdance, Irene Cara

70. Adult Education, Daryl Hall and John Oates

71. They Don't Know, Tracy Ullman

72. An Innocent Man, Billy Joel

73. Cruel Summer, Bananarama

74. Dance Hall Days, Wang Chung

75. Give It Up, K.C.

76. I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters

77. I Still Can't Get Over Loving You, Ray Parker Jr.

78. Thriller, Michael Jackson

79. Holiday, Madonna

80. Breakin'...There's No Stopping Us, Ollie And Jerry

81. Nobody Told Me, John Lennon

82. Church of the Poison Mind, Culture Club

83. Think of Laura, Christopher Cross

84. Time Will Reveal, Debarge

85. Wrapped Around Your Finger, Police

86. Pink Houses, John Cougar Mellencamp

87. Round and Round, Ratt

88. Head Over Heels, Go-Go's

89. The Longest Time, Billy Joel

90. Tonight, Kool and The Gang

91. Got a Hold on Me, Christine McVie

92. Dancing In the Sheets, Shalamar

93. Undercover (Of the Night), Rolling Stones

94. On the Dark Side, John Cafferty and The Beaver Brown Band

95. New Moon On Monday, Duran Duran

96. Major Tom (Coming Home), Peter Schilling

97. Magic, Cars

98. When You Close Your Eyes, Night Ranger

99. Rock Me Tonite, Billy Squier

100. Yah Mo B There, James Ingram and Michael McDonald
 
 
I remember about

No comments:

Post a Comment