Thursday, November 12, 2009

...Thankful Thursday...



There are so many things that I am thankful for...the list could go on and on and on...I don't even think this blog could hold it all...today I will focus on one thing that is on my mind...

I am thankful that I am finally taking control of my health.  I am taking such small steps right now, but they are steps in the right direction.  I am eating right...not bingeing...not eating crap......eating more vegetables and fruits...learning what a portion size is...drinking more water and less Diet Dr. Pepper (can't give it up completely...I AM only human!!!)...and I have been going to the Rec-Plex. 

Okay, so it has only been twice this week.  I have to take it one step at a time...bad pun, since I am just walking the track.  I have a goal...at least every other day right now.  So far so good.  I walk at my own pace...that is what is best about the track...I am not looking at any clock or miles per hour or even counting my laps.  I just listen to my mp3 and walk.  Right now I am listening to the WDW Radio Podcast (hosted by the fabulous Lou Mongello) from the very beginning.  I want to listen to it...since I just figured out the whole podcast thing...technically challenged???  YES!!!  Anyway, I want to listen to this fabulous podcast...so I walk until it is finished.  Today, podcast number two was 47 minutes long.  That is 47 more activity minutes I have earned in awhile...I am so proud of me.

So I am Thankful this Thursday for taking control of a little part of my life.  Now I just need to work on the million  gazillion other things that need working on...  ;)

Love to All!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment