Sunday, November 8, 2009

...consistency...

Consistency (sp???) seems to be the key to everything.  Weight loss, raising a child, managing money...everything.  I need routine, I need organization, I need help.

I have managed to stay on track and take my meds on a regular basis.  Again, I am not a fan of all of my medication...but my doctors and therapists know what they are doing, and I have to have faith in them.  Taking my meds every night before I go to bed is really working for me.  I have been able to do that consistently.  Small victory, but a victory none the less!!!

As far as the Weight Loss goes...I have been trying to be more and more dilligent about tracking my points, getting my 8 HGs in and working activity in.  I have lost 18.3 lbs on my journey so far, and 9.3 lbs since 9/15.  I am kind of dissapointed that it is taking so long to lose the weight, but I did not gain this weight overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight.  I am trying to convince myself that slow and steady wins the race.  I feel like a turtle sometimes!!!

As far as the whole parenting mess goes...I think THAT is where I struggle the most.  I am a pretty easy going mom.  I don't get worked up over the small stuff.  It is not worth it.  Michael eats well, he is polite to adults (most of the time), he is doing really well in his pre-K...I just don't have a lot of rules for him.  Kids with Asperger's are supposed to thrive on routine...and he loves routine.  I just have a hard time getting him into a routine when I can't get myself on one!!!  Do I work on myself first, or do I help my dear son???  I am not sure.  I have to take things in my world one at a time...it seems like I have too many spinning plates at once!!!

I am not going to even touch the finances right now...don't have the time or energy!!!  One day at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment