Thursday, February 18, 2010

...reservations...

Today I go back to my first Weight Watchers meeting in a year and a half.  I went strictly online when I switched positions with my job.  I have hit a weight loss plateau, and desperately need to bust through it.  I am watching what I eat, not closely enough, I will admit.  I am also working out on a more regular basis.  I think that the meetings give me something that sticks with me through the week, and is the little voice in my head that I NEED to hear. 

However, going to the meetings...I do have some reservations.

1) I hate crowded meetings.  The older I get, the more I hate crowds.  No real explanation for that one.

2) I won't be able to attend the same meeting each week because of my wonky work schedule.  I am scheduled off Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday this week...next week it is Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.  No consistency with my days off means that I will have a new weigh in date each week.  I don't want that to deter me.

3) I can not, CAN NOT stand the "know it all Nellies" that always seem to be in a meeting.  What I love about online is that if I come across a post or a topic that either does not interest me, or annoys me...I simply don't read it.  In a meeting, I am sitting there for a half an hour listening to the same people say the same thing each and every week.  What works for them does not always work for me.  I love to weigh myself each and every day...oh, that is a big no-no in some people's eyes.  Whatever.  Do what works for you, and keep it the hell to yourself.  I don't mean to sound bitter or angry...but I get tired of the same crap, different week.


Despite the way it sounds in this post, I am actually excited to be going back to my meetings.  I am excited for the accountability and the support that I have from my friend Michele.  She works out with me most days and she is going to the meeting today to cheer me on.  I don't know what I would do without her. 

At least I have someone to sit next to and roll eyes with when someone goes on a little too long today!!!

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment