Thursday, February 4, 2010

I deserve an award!!!



My dear, dear friend Aurora nominated little ol' me for a Beautiful Blogger Award.  I am not sure I deserve to be in such great company!!!  My blog started as a way for me to get journallig in for my therapist!!!  I have been peeling back layer and layer to find out what makes me...well, what makes me me.  What makes me tick, what makes me the wife and mommy that I am.  What brought me to this point on my journey and how I am going to contunue.  My blog is not exciting or entertaining...but it is ME.  It is boring and bland but brutally honest.  I might not like what I am typing, but I gotta get it out.  I have to thank Aurora from the bottom of my heart for nominating boring old me!!! 

The Rules:


1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
 ~ Thanks to Aurora...my online soul sister.  1000 miles may seperate us, but I feel like we are sitting across from one another holding a conversation!!!  I can't believe how much we have in common and how much alike we are.  I can't wait to meet you when I visit the World in September (seems SO far away).  I hope that someday my family plans bring me closer to my online friends...we will have to wwait and see.  :)


2. Copy the award and place it on my blog.
~ Done


3. Link to the person who nominated me for the award.
~ here is the link to Aurora's blog...
http://auroraboriealice.blogspot.com/


4. Share 7 interesting things about myself

~ oh dear.  Don't know if this is going to be that easy...

  1) I am the oldest of five children.  I grew up in a comfortable, easy-going middle class household.  I remember fondly nights playing outside until the streetlight came on.  I remember decorating my bike with streamers and balloons for the neighborhood block party.  I remember baking Christmas Cookies with my father in the winter and swimming and getting all golden brown tan in the summer.  If I could go back in time for just one day, I would be torn as to what I would want to do...either meet Walt Disney while Disneyland was still young, or be eight years old again and playing outside that glorious summer...

 2) I loved the Pink Castle Cake for the 25th Anniversary of Walt Disney World.  I touched on this briefly in an earlier blog post...and Aurora mentioned how much she disliked it!!!  I might be one of the only people in the world who were not horrified by it (I knew it would not last forever)...heck, I disliked the Wand at Epcot more than the Castle Cake.  I guess I like it so much because my family took a HUGE trip to the World when the 25th Anniversary Celebration began.  We were there for all of the rededications and ceremonies.  I was 23 at the time, and it was one of the last trips that my ENTIRE family (Mom, Daddy and the five of us) were together.  To me, the Pink Cake symbolizes one of the best trips of my entire life.  To this day, I collect anything from the 25th Anniversary...and my father and I danced to "Remember the Magic" at my wedding. 


 3) I met my husband while we worked at Walt Disney World.  Yeah, that was a whole other blogpost.  :)

 4) I am the mommy to the most amazing five year old son in the world.  Michael never ceases to amaze me.  Each day is a new adventure.  He has grown by leaps and bounds over the past year...he is such a Little Man.

 5) I am open about my bi-polar, OCD, depression and anxiety disorders.  I am upfront about visiting a therapist and psychologist.  They are both helping me discover who I am, what makes me tick and how I can cope with it all.  I am not going to say that I need to be fixed...because I don't have to be fixed.  I just need to figure out how to live with the me that I am!!!

 6) I am surprised that I have come up with five things so far...this one does not quite count, but I thought I would be stuck a long time ago.

 7) I have a long way to go on my weight loss journey.  When it is all said and done, to reach my goal, I will have to have lost 186 lbs.  Those are Biggest Loser numbers people!!!  I am also working with my therapist to find out why I have gained so much weight in the last few years.  Maybe it is because I like food...but I think there is something more...it is a journey...and there are highs and lows and bumps in the road (sounds kinda like a bad country song).


5. Nominate 7 bloggers
~ http://auroraboriealice.blogspot.com/
http://www.disneyeveryday.com/
~ http://thedisneydrivenlife.com/
~ http://zannaland.com/
~ http://freebies4mom.blogspot.com/
~ http://squarefunk.blogspot.com/
~ http://franchesca-strangerthanfiction.blogspot.com/


Okay.  I did it.  I blogged seven interesting (or boring) things about myself  AND recommended seven bloggers.  Love it.  I DID it!!!  Whoo-hoo!!!

Love to All.

1 comment: