Saturday, February 13, 2010

...absent...

I have been absent over the past week...and a bit in denial. My doctor changed one of my meds for my bipolar disorder. She warned me that one of the side effects were weight gain, brought on because the meds cause you to crave carbs. I thought to myself 'this won't be a problem, I have never craved carbs before. I am stronger than this. I have a Plan. I am on WW'.

Well. I have tried and tried and tried. The carbs are winning. Turns out that my doctor KNOWS what she is talking about. It is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" sort of situation. I feel better on these meds, but I am craving foods that I usually don't.

Needless to say I have struggled over the past few weeks. I have been making regular, good choices otherwise...it is just the carbs in the evening. Luckilly I don't keep a lot in the way of carbs on hand...but I have battled with a loaf of whole wheat bread (that I buy for DH and DS) and my oatmeal and Arnold Thins...

I just had to share and get that off my chest. I need to check in more regularly...perhaps when I am getting these cravings.
 
Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment