Thursday, March 4, 2010

...Thursday Thoughts...

I tend to get mopey when Mike has to go off to work.  I would prefer that, on my days off, he take a sick day and stay with me.  Of course, that is not possible.  We would be even worse off than we already are.  I told him that I was ready to just go ahead and quit my job.  He said that I have had a taste of what a stay at home Mom is like...and I really, REALLY like it.  My past two days have had purpose.  I have not been on autopilot.  I have has something to do.  Now, of course...the house is not 100% perfect...but I have kept up on laundry and the kitchen.  The carpets need a good vaccumming, the bathroom needs scrubbing and the floors need washing...BUT I have kept up on the kitchen and laundry!!! 

I feel guilty because I was not able to be around for Michael when he was little.  Of course, I can make up for it now.  I can be the Mom that I always wanted to be.  I just need to quit this stupid job and focus on what is important. 

I need to get my butt in gear.  I need to get things in order so I can quit my job.  So I can open my home to children.  I am very excited.  We got the spare room cleaned out.  Next on the agenda is the basement...that is going to be hardest...but Mike and I working together can tackle anything.  Weekend off after that will be the garage.  By that time, the weather should be getting better, so we can focus on the outside of the house...getting the fence fixed up and the yard cleaned up.  I am going to put something out on Craigslist for yard toys.  I am getting excited.  Now that the weather is getting nicer, I know that summer is around the corner.   It is coming, it is getting nearer.

Yes, I still get mopey when Mike has to go to work.  I still miss him, but part of it is that I like being home and getting to play SAHM.  This is what I was meant to do, not what I have to do.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment