Friday, March 5, 2010

Ikea

Some of my Disney Tweep friends were twittering about Ikea on Thursday.  I have not been, as the closest Ikea to Saint Louis is in the Chicago area, six hours away.  I was under the impression that there was one in Kansas City (a mere three hours away) but alas, I was mistaken.  I decided to check out their website.

I.  Am.  In.  Love.

I can't believe all of the wonderful things that they offer.  And this is just on the website.  I could not imagine what an actual store is like.  They even have a foodcourt.  I wonder if it is like a Costco.  I would fall in love with it.  Saint Louis needs an Ikea.  Saint Louis is not the sticks, we are not hillbillies.  We deserve fine European inspired furniture and Swedish Meatballs served in a Food Court style setting.

I was most impressed with their lines of organization for children...such as bins for toys.  That is my latest obsession.  Okay.  One of my many obsessions.  With the talk of starting up an in-home daycare and just Little Man's toys in general, I am always looking for the best way to store toys.  There is no GOOD way.  Mike is willing to build me some toy storage systems...but I see what Ikea has to offer and figure that may be the way to go...of course, Mike would be putting them together anyway...but the wood is already measured and cut...so it would be good to go.  He might balk at the price, plus we would have to pay for shipping...BUT I have to remind him that it will be worth it.

Until then, I will have to dream.  Target makes pretty good storage solutions (their Itso line) but I wonder how it is constructed.  Maybe that is what I will have to go for, since we don't have an Ikea nearby.  I can just hear me pleading with Mike that we have to drive to Chicago for a weekend to go shopping.  He is gonna love that..especailly after I told him I am NOT leaving Disney World in September with no fewer than FIVE Disney Dooney & Burke bags.  Heck.  I really just want the first two.  I will be happy with those.  ;)

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment