Monday, January 9, 2012

...what do we do? We swim, swim...

...yesterday, when I had my lazy day, I spent some time reading through some blogs.  I discovered a neat, new (to me) Disney blog, "Passport to Dreams Old & New".  I really like it because it showcases a lot of "vintage" Walt Disney World.  The WDW of the seventies, the WDW that I absolutely adore.  Not that I don't love Walt Disney World now, because we all know that I do...but I love the simplicity of Walt Disney World prior to 1982 (when Epcot opened). 

In catching up on old blogs, I found myself going through some of my old posts.  I have been doing the blogging thing for about two years now.  When I look through some of the older posts, I realize that I am fighting a lot of the same demons that I was two years ago.  Two years ago, I was thrilled with the prospect that my OB/GYN said that if I lost 15 lbs. and wasn't pregnant in six months that we would start fertility treatments.  Really???  I wanted another baby a mere two years ago???  Wow. 

I am still dealing with my weight, exercise, finances, anxiety, depression.  What good has come out of the last two years???

Well, nothing about weight and exercise has changed...good or bad. 

Finances.  We are working our way out of debt.  Our credit scores are improving.  I no longer spend hours upon hours at Target.  Yes, Target is my local-go-to-happy-place, but it is not sucking $500/week out of me.

Yes, it used to be a $500/week habit.  Big Daddy and my therapist nipped that in the bid, real quick.

Anxiety and depression...I haven't seen my therapist in over a year.  I have not been on meds in about a year and a half.  I feel okay.  There is a lot that needs to be worked on, especially since Little Man will most likely be seeing a professional about HIS anxiety.  Overall, I am in a much better place than I was two years ago.  I attribute this to...

My job.  I am no longer in a job that sucks the life out of me.  Sure, it was good paying and had great benefits, but it was mind-numbing.  I couldn't do that anymore.  I love my current job, and hope to be doing it for a long time.

My mantra has always been to take things one day at a time.  I just keep swimming, and that is all that I can do.

Sure, not a whole lot has changed, but I have grown.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment