Thursday, January 12, 2012

...positive things about a Snow Day (yes, there are some)...

...we had a snow day was a blessing in disguise. 

I woke up at 5am, peeked out the window...I saw it had snowed, but the news did not show we were closed.  I woke up again around 5:30, and the school closed announcement came through the news.  Then I got the two phone calls (my cell phone and the house phone)...Big Daddy got the call on his cell, I got the text, the email and my employee email.  I got texts from both of my Site Coordinators.  Yes, I would say that the first time for our district automated alert system worked quite well. 

I say the snow day was a blessing in disguise.  Yes, I had to work, but not until noon.  That afforded me all sorts of extra sleep!!!  I was feeling awful last night, it was the worst night yet.  I was so tired and achy that I could hardly stand up!!!  We ordered Pizza Hut for dinner (that just goes to show how awful I felt, I don't even LIKE Pizza Hut!!!) and waited an hour and a half for it.  No, it wasn't late or anything, that is how long the delivery was expected.  Supposed to show up by 7:33, came at 7:31.  We ate, read a few chapters of "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" (Little Man kept asking for just one more) and went to bed.  I got a good night sleep for the first time in about a week!!!  The thermometer never showed that I ran a fever, but I kept alternating between sweating and getting chills last night.

In a way, it was also a blessing.  I worked from noon - 5pm.  In preschool.  We had 13 students, two being special needs (so they had one-on-ones), so there were two teachers for 11 students.  I came in, the kids were finishing lunch...then they took their naps...glorious, more-than-two-hour naps!!!  Parents started picking up kids after nap, and then it was time to go home!!!  I can handle days like that.  Plus, as much as I love Little Miss M, she can be it was a little break.  Heck, my own son exhausts me!!!  I have been burning the candle at both ends with whatever this sickness has been, so it was an appreciated break.

Since I have been so draggy lately, the house has kind of slid.  It has been worse, but it has gotten me down.  I will still call it "clean" because I can see countertops in the kitchen and carpet in the family room.  Tonight, I was feeling good enough to unload/load the dishwasher, fold some laundry and throw a load in the washed and dryer.  Doesn't sound like much, but it made a HUGE improvement!!!  I even made Little Man dinner (go me!!!).

Of course, it feels like there is a huge boulder scratching at my throat, but I am functioning...that is all I can ask for.

Not certain about the state of school tomorrow.  I would kind of like to know before I go to bed rather than get the phone calls/texts/emails tomorrow morning!!!  Oh well, either way, I will be okay.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment