Sunday, January 1, 2012

...First Day of the New Year...

...a pretty uneventful 24 hours in our household...2012 was rung in with family.  Big Daddy, Little Man and I, my nephews A.J. and Nolan and my parents.  There was too much food, a little bit of Wii and a whole lot of fun!!!  I managed to snap some pictures of the Wii playing, as it was Grandma Nana's first time playing.  I have to find my camera...it is around here somewhere, just not where I left it...the case is there, empty.  I suspect Little Man is behind this, and it will be a lot of fun to see what pics he managed to snap!!!

A.J. was a bit apprehensive for his parents to leave around 7pm.  "Mama, stay with me", and he wouldn't let my sister put him down.  He has stayed overnight with us many, many times...lately, the separation anxiety is getting the best of him, I think.  A month or so ago, my sister and brother-in-law had a wedding to attend.  My parents had the boys for the day, and came by to drop them off that evening...A.J. would have nothing of it.  Mom and Daddy ended up taking them to their house for the night.  When they aren't at home, they are at my parents house...so it is natural for them to feel more comfortable there.

My parents came over, and we managed to let my sister and brother-in-law sneak out.  The boys were fine.  We played the Wii for awhile, Family Game Night 2 & 3 (a Christmas gift from Grandma Nana and Papa) and Family Game Night 4 (a gift from Santa).  I did not play the games, as I was getting the party food ready (I regret, I did not get any pics of the food...must remember to take. more. photos!!!).  What I saw seemed a lot of fun...maybe I will play head-to-head with Little Man and (gasp!) write a review.

Time really seemed to fly, and we were helping ourselves to the buffet of "party foods"...Lit'l Smokies in barbecue sauce, chips and dip, bacon cheese ball, cheese and crackers, Ro-Tel dip, Mexican Layer Dip, Black Bean Salsa, Pigs in a Blanket...nothing too good for us, but all the good stuff that we don't eat every day.  We watched some Phineas & Ferb, and set the boys up for their sleepover.  A.J. refused to put his PJs on, saying he would when he got home!!!  He thought my sister and brother-in-law were coming back right away to pick them up.  I spread the pillows and blankets out, and Little Man laid down right away.  He was out cold in about ten minutes.  A.J. fought, and fought, and fought.  He finally fell asleep around midnight, when we were all watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve.

Speaking of that show, Disney Parks had a "HUGE" announcement that they were making after midnight on the show.  My parents, Big Daddy and I waited...and waited.  They announced that on Leap Day, 2/29/12 the Magic Kingdom park at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland park in California would be open for 24 hours straight.

Sigh.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a cute concept.  BUT not really exciting.  Not when you have parks open for Extra Magic Hours until 1 or 2 am.  Reading the Disney Park's Blog, they say that the parks will open at 6am local time on 2/29 and stay open for 24 hours.  Also, if you book a minimum three-night room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort Hotels, you can get a free night.  This has to be booked by 1/31/12 and is good for travel most nights 2/26 - 3/10.  More info can be found at the Disney Park's website.  Great, but we always stay through Disney Vacation Club.  I was hoping for an announcement with a little more, I don't know...pizzaz.  I guess I was a little let-down after all of the hype leading up to the announcement.

The big draw (for me and Big Daddy, anyway) is that Disney is giving away a vacation package EVERY day from 1/1/12 through 2/29/12.  You can enter via their website, or by texting "disneyday" to DISNEY (347639).  I could totally use a vacation...and free is ALWAYS good.

Wow, I got totally off track (yes, that was all stuff that I wanted to mention in this post, but I just kinda stuck it in the middle of everything)...

Anyway, Little Man was out cold, Noley Bear fell asleep on Papa, and A.J. fell asleep around midnight...Mom and Daddy left after we got the boys settled, and Big Daddy and I were cleaning up and heading to bed.  A.J. woke up.  Right around 1 am.  He didn't say anything, just sat up quietly.  And, he didn't fall asleep.  I told Big Daddy to go on to bed, that I would stay up with A.J.  We watched whatever was on Nick Jr at the time, he didn't say much...just that he was waiting for his Mom and Dad.  I know I dozed off a couple of times, but A.J stayed awake.  He FINALLY crashed around 4:30.  4:30.  I stayed on the couch, in the event that he woke up, I didn't want him to freak out.

I wasn't really comfortable on the couch, but I managed to get a little sleep.  A little.  Noley Bear woke up crying.  At 6:30 am.  This woke A.J. up, wondering where his parents were.  I quieted Nolan down, and got both boys back to sleep (Little Man sleeping through all of this).  That lasted until 7:30 when all three boys were awake.  Oh, what fun.

We had a breakfast of frozen waffles and chocolate milk (my healthy eating-resolution is apparently on hold today) and the boys went off to play.  My sister said they would be around to pick the boys up around 9 am.  9 am came and went, I was dozing on the couch when I got a text.  My sister had taken my brother-in-law to the ER at 5 this morning with chest pains, he was clammy and dizzy...his heart arithmeia was acting up.  I don't know a whole lot about his condition, but I could not imagine how scary that was.  He is staying overnight, since there won't be any doctors to run tests until Monday.  I offered to take the boys as long as she needed, but she said he was comfortable and that she could take care of the boys.

I had a short (about two hour) nap, and the day has been filled with a Law & Order SVU marathon, finishing one book and beginning another, McDonalds for dinner (what about this healthy eating-resolution?!?!?) and some internet surfing, Facebooking, pinning, and blog-writing.

Nothing exciting, but fulfilling all the same.  The workout routine starts up on Tuesday, Little Man starts school again on Wednesday, and everything should be back to normal.  Hopefully the house stays clean (25 days!!!) and I keep things under some-sort-of-control.  I want to get back into working out, eating better...maybe rejoining Weight Watchers (but I will NOT go to meetings, another blog post for a later date), I even want to dress better...I am working on that.  I miss getting to "dress-up" like I did when I worked in banking...right now, it is t-shirts and jeans...I never thought I would complain about wearing t-shirts and jeans!!!

So much going on, but nothing TOO overwhelming.  I can't wait to start this ride...2012 should be fun!!!


Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment