Friday, January 13, 2012

...I don't mean to sound whiny, but...

Tonight was Family Movie night at the school.  I love working at the school, I love that my son goes to the school, I love being involved in the school.  Yes, I feel that I spread myself too thin sometimes...but, to my defense, I am kind of a single mom.

Yes, I went there.

I love my husband.  He is much better to me than I really deserve.  I am kind of a brat.  Okay.  I am a brat.  He puts up for me.

But he is not around.

Don't get me wrong.  He is working.  It is not like he is really not around.  I just take a lot of the load with Little Man.  (I crossed that out, because it means I really didn't say that, right?!?!?)

Big Daddy even says that he feels like the "Divorced Dad" since he really only sees Little Man on the weekends.

Little Man wants swim lessons.  I take him.  Little Man wants to join Cub Scouts.  I take him.  Little Man wants to go to Exerfun.  I take him.  Little Man wants to play soccer.  I will take him.  Little Man plays baseball in the summer.  I will take him.  Little Man has school functions and activities.  I take him.  Little Man voiced an interest in Junior Wrestling.  Big Daddy's interest was peaked.  Yeah.  I put my foot down to that one.  Junior Wrestling takes place at the school where Big Daddy works, and he told me those kids (and parents) are there two hours a night, five nights a week.

No.  Freaking.  Way.

Ten hours a week for him to wrestle.

My calendar is a mess as it is.  It would be different if Big Daddy worked a "normal" schedule, so he could help take Little Man to activities.  I might (MIGHT) even consider the wrestling thing, if Big Daddy took him.

Tonight was something fun, Family Movie Night.  The PTO (of which I am a member, the Recognition Committee Chariman as a matter of fact) sponsored it.  It was free for families, and they charged a little for popcorn and drinks  The movie was "Finding Nemo", which we have seen a million times.  Little Man was totally looking forward to this, and so was I.  I just hate that Big Daddy missed it.

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that we have the opportunity to do fun stuff, and that Little Man has activities that he is involved in...and I don't mind carting him around all over town doing things for him.  I just hate that Big Daddy misses the fun stuff, too.

The schedule worked well before Little Man turned three and had all of his therapies.  They would come to the house (or Big Daddy would take him out) in the mornings while I was at work.  The schedule also meant that my parents (who were Little Man's caretakers while we worked full time) only watched him a few hours a day.

Now, I am over it.

I am thankful that he is employed.  That is all that should matter.  I should be thankful that this is all that I have to b*tch about.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment