Saturday, January 7, 2012

...Christmas Stuff, Purging, Gymboree-Hand-Me-Downs and Underpants...

...nothing to report...still feeling icky...

Day 30 of the house staying "clean".  Working on taking Christmas down today.  Makes my heart a little heavy, but it is all good.  Going through Little Man's toys...again.  Deciding what to keep, what to sell, what to donate, what to pitch.  You would think that this would be easy, considering how nervous toys have made him lately.  Nope.  Not even close.  You see, Little Man is something of a hoarder.  No, not like the hoarders that I watch on TV.  He just hates parting with anything.  I have to be sneaky about going through his things.  Once, I was cleaning out his drawers, and had a pile of too-small-underpants.  He asked what I was going to do with them.  I told him that I was going to throw them out since they were old, and didn't fit him any longer {and really, what DO you do with old underpants???  They are clean and all, but I don't think I could drop them off at Goodwill.  I certainly can't give them to my sister ~ she doesn't even want Little Man's hand-me-down-even-if-they-are-Gymboree-and-Little-Man-rarely-wears-things-for-more-than-one-season-hand-me-downs}.  He got upset and said that I couldn't get rid of them because they were "his favorites".  Now to his credit, they were the tiny little Spongebob and The Wiggles underpants that he wore when he was first potty-trained, so they may have held strong memories for him.  I had to sneak them out to the garbage when he was playing outside with Big Daddy.

Of course, when I was little, I thought that my toys (things) {and my food, for that matter} had "feelings"...and I most certainly did not want to hurt anyone's feelings {which is why I was a Charter Member of the Clean Plate Club}.  I can see Little Man thinking that someone {or something} would be hurt if he got rid of it.

Oh, the therapy that I should still be attending {and he needs to attend, most certainly}.

Of course, I keep all of Little Man's important things...I just didn't need the potty-training-underpants.

He is such a lucky little boy.  He has so much to be thankful for.  I want him to live in the present, not in the past.

I should practice what I preach.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment