Wednesday, January 4, 2012

...and I thought my house was bad...

My house has been "clean" for 28 days straight. 

As much as I might be freaked out by the state of my house, it is not nearly, NEARLY as bad as the people on shows like "Hoarders".  I am watching an episode of "Hoarding: Buried Alive" right now on TLC (it was the episode from 1/1/12, "Tiny Monsters"). I can't believe what I am seeing.  Yes, I could be spending this hour doing something WAY more constructive...but I am SO intrigued.  Even as depressed as I can get, I don't think I could live with my home ending up like that.  The show I am watching, the woman is in super-deep denial, and she hoards trash...TRASH!!!  She has used maxi pads, used needles (she is diabetic) and crap (yes, as in feces) piled up in her house.  There was so much food trash piled up in her kitchen that roaches (my skin is CRAWLING just thinking about it) were THREE INCHES deep...she also had black widow spiders...BLACK WIDOW spiders!!!  They are SHOVELING trash out of this woman's house.  I just don't get it.  I may be lazy, but this is out of control.  Just watching this show makes me want to clean something, organize something and take a long, hot shower!!!

That totally was not what I was intending to write about, but I just had to vent.  Let it all out. 

Maybe watching a show like this will make me rethink how lazy I am...I did not go to the gym again this morning.  It was a full 20 degrees warmer this morning (a balmy 34) than yesterday, and I still rolled over and went to sleep.  I have had such a hard time sleeping here of late, I am not sure why.  Probably a vicious circle...I am overweight so I sleep poorly, I sleep poorly and am too tired to go to the gym, I am too tired to go to the gym so I am overweight, I am overweight so I sleep poorly...you get the picture.  I also think that my sleep problems could have something to do with my caffeine intake (as I write this, I am sipping on another Diet Dr. Pepper, and it is 8:27 pm).  I don't want to run to the doctor just yet, as I am certain the answer is my weight.  The answer is always my weight.  I just want to try to work on this on my own.

Next on my list is how to get washable glue (is glue TRULY washable?!?!?) out of a new sweater.  Yeah...tomorrow, I am back to wearing an old t-shirt to work!!!  After I work on that, I am going to clean the kitchen, wipe down the bathroom, fold some laundry and head to bed.  No promise of going to the gym tomorrow, but I won't end up on an episode of Hoarders...that's for sure!!!

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment