Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday ~ Anything Can Happen Day

I am actually starting this on a quiet Sunday evening.  I have to get most of my blogs out early, usually on Sundays.  If I did not do this, then the blog would slip through the cracks. 

Anyway.

The Wednesday theme is Anything Can Happen.  Today I am inspired by my wonderful, magical, one-of-a-kind son, Michael Anthony Pagnotti II.  Many times, I refer to him as Little Man, today I look at him and see a little boy...not my baby.  Of course, I tell him all the time that he will always be my baby...even when he is 80.  He does not understand that now, but I hope that he does someday...and will know that he holds the dearest, most special place in my heart.

Some of you may know that my Little Man was officially diagnosed at 4 with Asperger's Syndrome.  It is a high functioning form of Autism.  He barely spoke for the first four years of his life.  That was incredibly hard on us all...but most of all, it was hard on Michael himself!!!  Michael started a program at a preschool that is further from our home...but it has made all of the difference in the world!!!  My Little Man is holding conversations, he is asking questions, making observations!!!  Today, I watched him stand at the front door, and realized that yes, I am a Mommy to a Little Man...not a baby.  He is getting so tall, so handsome, so smart.  He greets me with a question when I come home from work...small things like "how was your day at work, Mommy?" or my favorite, "how was the water you drank at work today, Mommy?".  Never, ever take the small stuff for granted.  I don't.  I never thought this day would come.  I never thought my baby would hold a conversation.  It is possible.  Anything CAN happen.  We have a long way of speech therapy (we understand him, but others don't) and occupational therapy (a lot of his language delay is because he does not like the way his face feels when he forms words) to go...but I will take these small victories each and every day.


Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment