Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Community That I Love...

...and that loves me back...

I got this blog topic idea from a google search.  I am stumped as to what to write about today.  There is so much carp going on in my head right now.  Like a compass, I need to be turned in the right direction.  One of the 100 topics that were listed to blog about is "A Community That I Love".  I actually have two.  One being the Disney Community, and the other being the Weight Watchers Community.

Both are so supportive and diverse.  Let me start with the Disney Community.  A while back, Amanda Tinney requested my friendship on Facebook.  I did not know Amanda, but saw that we had a few friends in common, that she loved all things Disney, and that she ran a website, disneyeveryday.com.  I checked out her website and decided that yes, I had to be friends with this person...we had too much in common!!!  On her site, she listed the twitter names of fellow "Disney-philes".  I began to follow some of them, and followed their blogs, if they had them.  Disney Nerds around the world unite!!!  I can thank Amanda for getting me in touch with several online friends.  We share a love of Disney, but are finding that we have much more in common.  I also followed JL Knopp's blog, thedisneydrivenlife.com.  She was one of the first Disney friends that I made on Facebook, and she is responsible for finding a common friend that I absolutely love.  We have connected as friends, mothers, sisters, working women...all with a little Pixie Dust.  I can't wait to meet her (and my other Disney friends) face to face.  This particular friend lives near Dallas, and I will be able to meet her when I visit a dear friends who happens to live in the same area!!!  I can't wait!!!  I have been a fan of Lou Mongello's before I became active on Facebook.  He runs the website wdwradio.com and is responsible for my favorite podcast, the Walt Disney World Radio Show.  He is a regular contributor to Celebrations Magazine, which I have every issue.  He is a WDW Trivia God.  Through him, I have made many online Disney friends.  I have more friends in common with him right now than I do my own family or people that I went to school with!!!  Now I realize that I will not personally get to know all of these people, or will I ever meet them...BUT I love being friendly with them online.  It is so nice to know that there are so many other Disney Nerds out there!!!

The other community that I have made a lot of online friends in is the Weight Watchers community.  We all struggle with weight loss, whether it is five pounds or 205 pounds to lose.  I have made friends with so many and we have cheered on success and supported each other during challenges.  I check in daily at weightwatchers.com, not only to track my own progress...but to check in on the friends that I have made.  Many of these friends have followed me over to Facebook and twitter.  I love the fact that I can get support and motivation on my journey 24/7.  I don't know how I handled weight loss before the internet.  Maybe I didn't.  Maybe THAT is why I need to lose 185 lbs!!!  Ha!!!  Just totally kidding!!!

Yes, I have not only one supportive, fun community...but am blessed enough to have two.  And I thank them both from the bottom of my heart for sharing my journey with me. 

Love to All.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chrissy! Just wanted to say hi and thenk you for listening to the show, etc. Really enjoyed this blog post, and I agree about the wonderful community of Disney enthisiasts we are all a part of. Hope I have the pleasure of meeting you in WDW someday soon! :)

    ReplyDelete