Wednesday, April 6, 2011

...not much still...

Yeah...not much going on in my little world right now.  Worked a regular shift at work today...HOWEVER, when 8:30 rolled around, I made my way down to Little Man's classroom to volunteer for the next three hours!!!  I am so fortunate to be able to help out the way I do, and I appreciate being able to work with children.  I think the volunteering gives me "practice".

Little Man has been having some social skills issues lately...yesterday, he BIT another student at recess.  This is our first biting incident.  I don't know where it came from.  I tried to talk to him about it, but he doesn't say much other than he was not feeling mad or angry when he did it. (?!?!?)  I don't understand, but he won't sy much more.  Today, things might have turned around a little bit.  When he came home, he was excited because his "card" stayed on "green" all day  His kindergarten teacher has a system of red/yellow/green cards for behavior.  The green card means he had good behavior all day.  That was good.  He also earned a "PRIDE"ticket.  When a student shows good behavior, demonstrates pride (PRIDE is also an acronym used for their school "pledge"), helps another student out or just plain does something worthwhile, they earn a "ticket".  When the student earns 10 tickets, they get to have a lunch with the principal (whom Little Man thinks is a Rock Star anyway).  Little Man has 61 of these tickets now!!!  Most importantly, Little Man said that he apologized to the little boy who he bit yesterday.  I asked if his teacher or resource teacher or a recess teacher prompted him to apologize.  He said, "nope...I just decided to do it on my own.  I was sorry for biting him and I wanted him to know".  I MELTED.  Small steps.  Small steps. 

Today is day 6 of the 30 day blog challenge...

Day 06- Favorite super hero and why

I have never really been into the whole super hero thing.  Now, if you can consider Mickey Mouse a super hero, then he is my favorite.  No, he does not wear a cape or tights, but I think he is pretty remarkable.  Especially Sorcerer Mickey...he is curious and a little bit mischevious.  I think that is all right!!!





That is about all I know for now.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment