Monday, April 11, 2011

...back on track???

Okay, so I put my big girl pants on and went back to a Weight Watchers meeting today.  I am currently at the heaviest weight I have EVER been.  I am even heavier now than when I delivered Little Man almost seven years ago.  I seriously have to look at this as a lifestyle change (I know, I have always said that).  I will have to monitor my food intake and activity for the rest of my life.  I am not a professional, though I have visited professionals, but I believe that I am addicted to food.  I don't eat if I am happy/sad/lonely/depressed, etc.  I eat because I like it.  It gives me a high.  I equate this to what a drug addict or an alcoholic feels like when they get their "fix".  Of course, you need food to live...you don't need drugs or alcohol.  This is where the struggle comes in.  I also look at the money side of it.  I spent $140 at the grocery store yesterday, and I have to ask myself "what did I get???".  I could spend four bucks at McDonalds, get two McChicken Sandwiches, a small fry and a large Diet Coke.  All that, and I don't have to cook.  I have to change my way of thinking.  I bought a lot of fresh produce and lean proteins and low-fat dairy.  Now, I have to learn how to cook/prepare/serve these things. 

Tonight, not so good.  Dinner was Macaroni & Cheese.  Kraft.  From a box.

I am getting better.  The fast food thing is going to be hard.  I am going to have to wrap my head around the new PointsPlus system.  Mike and I are committed to going back to the gym this week.  I just need to plan, and we all know how good I am at planning.  :)

On to the 30 Day Blog Challenge...

Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends




This is a pretty old photo...I had to dig it out.  Again, it is me, Lisa and Lia.  I think this was taken in maybe 1993-1994-ish.  I am not good with the dates.  We may not have been 21 yet.   If we were 21, it might be just barely...or Lia and Lisa were, and I still had not had my birthday.  I remember thinking I was such a cow in this photo...oh, how I would love to go back to this weight.  I would love to find a photo of me at my thinnest...which was around 1999-2000 when I was living in Florida.  I did not know how to cook, and I did not have a lot of money to eat out all of the time.  I am not sure how I survived, but I did.  I was also very good about working out each and every day.  I will have to see if I can find a photo and scan it in. 

That is about all I know for now.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment