Sunday, October 24, 2010

...now I know...

I know that God only gives you what you can handle.  I have to remember this.  I grew up the oldest of five children, and always assumed that I would have a large family of my own.  We had Michael right away, so I figured the second baby would come easily.  That was more than six years ago.  Number two has not come so easily, much less number three or four!!!  I am an aunt to two nephews, who I absolutely adore.  I watched them, along with Little Man on Friday night. 

Yeah, now I know why God gave me just one child.

Don't get me wrong...I love squishy little babies.  They are so sweet and so cute, but I love my independent little boy.  I really don't miss the baby stage.  I like that Little Man can entertain himself so I can get dinner made.  I like that Little Man is potty trained and can feed himself.  Perhaps it is due to me suddenly becoming selfish or lazy...but I kind of doubt that...I did fine when Little Man was a baby.  I just honestly think that God only gives you what you can handle.  Maybe He knows that I was meant for only one child.  That one child needed my 100% attention, he needed all of my efforts and abilities. 

I think God has been looking out for me, and for my family. 

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment