Tuesday, October 19, 2010

...denial???

Things are coming together slowly.  Very slowly.  I think I am in denial. 

DH wants to move back to Florida, like yesterday.  I think I am ready.  If we move, it won't be until June of 2011. 

This seems to be a recurring theme for us over the past year.  We think about it, and then never do it. 

I think we are ready.

Maybe.

I think we will be all right once we get there, but the getting there is my stumbling block.  I am afraid to pack up the house.  I am afraid of the actual move.  I am having trouble wrapping my head around the logistics of it. 

It was easy to move to Saint Louis when it was just me and Mike.  We filled our UHaul with our crap and went on our merry way.  We got rid of A LOT in a garage sale before we moved.  A lot.  We made almost $1000 in a three day sale.  I am afraid of moving this time because of the addition of Michael and all of our accumulated stuff. 

I am supposed to be purging through our stuff...one Rubbermaid tote at a time.  Keep, sell, toss...keep, sell, toss.  That has to be my mantra.  One tote at a time, one drawer, one cabinet at a time.  I don't know where to begin.  All of this, and the holidays are coming up...more crap for Michael.  ARUGGHHH!!!  Of course, I still have a lot of his baby toys.  Those should be easy to get rid of.

Keep, sell, toss.  Now I just have to get off of this couch and get to doing it.  I will keep my progress posted.  So far, I cleaned out one drawer in the kitchen.  That's it.  One day, one drawer at a time.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment