Thursday, August 2, 2012

News and Notes, From the Wonderful World of Disney

This evening, I had a few minutes to peruse the Disney Parks InsidEARS page and the Disney Parks Blog.

Lately, this has been a pretty rare activity.

My "New Years" Resolution has changed this.

I read a little a lot about some new happenings going on at the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland and Disney in general.

Not super-news-worthy to my Disney Nerd friends, since it has been plastered all over Facebook and Twitter over the past few days, but I thought I would share via yet another source in the event that you may have missed it.

Everyone is going crazy about the newest Annie Leibovitz "Disney Dream" portraits. 


Source: Disney Parks Blog

Source: Disney Parks Blog





These images are part of a series of photos that will be featured in fall issues of magazines such as GQ, People, People en Espanol, O, the Oprah Magazine, Vanity Fair, Real Simple, Essence and InStyle.  You can also see past images from the "Disney Dream" portrait series, and a behind the scenes look at the Hitchhiking Ghosts photo shoot at the Disney Parks Blog.  What do you think???  Do these images make you want to book your next trip to Walt Disney World???


One post at the Disney Parks Blog that really caught my attention was one about the tenth anniversary of the opening of the "Once Upon A Toy" store at Downtown Disney Marketplace.  I was working for Walt Disney World, at the time.  I had many friends who helped open the store.  The post is written by a former Walt Disney World Ambassador {oh, that was always my dream "job"} and has some neat perspective of how the store has changed, what has come and gone, and some neat photos!!!  It also touches on how "The Disney Bear" (I have one, he was a FLOP) eventually became the uber-popular "Duffy, The Disney Bear". 

Recent blog entries give an update on Splitsville, an upscale bowling alley (???).  The pictures on the blog are artist renderings, but it looks neat.  It is slated to open this fall {I haven't heard a concrete date as of yet} in the space at Downtown Disney West Side once occupied by Virgin Megastore!!!  I will be interested to see how they transformed that space!!!  It should be open in plenty of time for our December trip...perhaps I can talk Little Man and Big Daddy into some bowling {won't be too hard to convince either of them!!!}

A very popular post (based on what I have seen on FB and twitter) is the one featuring a photo of the bronze statue of Gaston that is going into Belle's Village as part of the Fantasyland Expansion (#newFantasyland) in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Source: Disney Parks Blog

Source: Disney Parks Blog

I wish I could say that I was more excited about this. 

Yes, the whole Princessland Fantasyland Expansion should be complete by the time we are there in mid-December.

Please bear in mind that I am the mommy to an eight-year-old boy.  You can put a statue of Gaston up in the middle of Belle's Village, but it will still be Belle's Village. 

She is a princess.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. {or something like that}

What I am trying to say, is you can "boy" it up all you want, but it is still going to be heavy on the princesses.

Heavy.

Storybook Circus is not much of a draw to us, either.

We'll check it out, but are not expecting much.

What we ARE excited for is Cars Land out in California at Disney's California Adventure. (#justgothappier)

We have no real plans to get out to California anytime soon.

But we are still excited.



That is about all I have to share for now.

Yes, I know it has been kind of a cop-out...just re-hashing what I have read about on another blog.

Maybe not, it still has taken an hour (!!!) for me to sit and type this.  I have given you my insightful opinion take on some of the stuff that has been going on in the Wonderful World of Disney.

I still have some Disney Dooney posts to catch up on.

Did I mention that my Disney Dooney collection was {at last count} up to 27 unique pieces?!?!?

Obsessed much??? 

{side note: I have been recently put back on meds...maybe to help me with my serious obsessions and highs and lows...I am certain if I had stayed on my meds, I would not own so many pieces of Disney Dooney}

I can share pics soon.

But tonight, I am too tired.

But I blogged.  About something that I love.  And that friends, makes me happy.

Love to All

No comments:

Post a Comment