Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back to School Shopping



Nothing says "Happy Fourth of July" like doing a little back to school shopping.

Seriously.  We went shopping on July 7th.

If I was going to get Little Man the WWE backpack that he wanted, that is what we had to do.

I figured I was already in "school shopping" mode, so I may as well go with it.

This is what we were faced with...






Nothing too overwhelming.  I was a bit confused about the "NO TACKLEBOXES, PLEASE" disclaimer.  Really???  Tackleboxes???

This is what we ended up with...




Now, I know I could have bought everything pictured for like .01 with coupons and rebates.

I don't have time {or patience} for that.  I am committing to being better with coupons...but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't think I did too bad.  The most expensive item {except for the backpack/lunchbox) was the white {they HAD to be white (???)} erasers.  Everything else was super-cheap, and IN STOCK.

That is important to me.  I was able to take my time in Target and really look at the list and get what I needed...without cranky Mommies and loud kids in my way.

The backpack and lunchbox were even a pretty good deal.  We went to Toys R Us and bought the backpack for $14.99 and got the lunchbox for FREE.

I saw the backpack online at Toys R Us {after shop.wwe.com didn't have any BTS items yet} and called ahead.  It was a good thing I did, as I got their last one.  They had plenty of The Rock backpacks and lunchboxes, but this was the last WWE Superstars backpack.

Yeah, the cashier was a little peeved that I called ahead and had them hold the last one for me.  She said she had her eye on it, and wanted to wait for the free lunchbox promotion.  She said she was going to buy it before her shift and it was gone.  Yeah, it was mine.

The lunchbox is not my first choice, but it was free. It will hold his lunch and that is all that matters.

WWE online finally posted some BTS merchandise...later than usual, and a little more random than usual.  One backpack (The Rock) and one lunchbox.  I like their lunchbox better, but not enough to pay $11.99 for it.  The backpack is the same one that was offered at Toys R Us, but they are charging $19.99 {as opposed to $14.99} for it.

Mama has to save the pennies somewhere.

Besides, any money spent on WWE merchandise makes me {and Big Daddy} happy as we are WWE stockholders.

Seriously.  WWE.

I was able to relax knowing that I got our BTS shopping finished a whole month ahead of time.  Monday night is "Meet the Teacher" night, and I am going to be ready.  I just need to grab a box of Kleenex, a roll of paper towels, a box of Ziplocs and a box of Band-Aids from my "stash" and we will be good to go.

Of course, I have to sharpen 48 pencils.

THAT is my most dreaded Back-to-School chore!!!

We are ready to tackle second grade!!!  Here is hoping that it is better than first grade was!!!

Love to All.


No comments:

Post a Comment