Thursday, May 24, 2012

Finishing One Chapter, Starting Another...

Tomorrow is going to be a weird day.

The last day of preschool for Little Miss M.

Kind of bittersweet.  I have been with her since she started preschool a year and a half ago.

Way back when she was three.

She has grown SO much and she has come a long way.

She has wonderful parents {her mom is amazing} and they are supportive in what is going on.

She is ready for kindergarten.

I hope she does okay over the summer.  I am afraid of being out of school for more than two months is going to make back-to-school rough.

I had to step back and make a pretty tough decision.  I was asked if I wanted to continue taking care of Little Miss M when she goes on to kindergarten.

I said no.

I needed to step back and think about what would be best for her.  She is ready to move on.  She needs someone new.  Yes, kids like Little Miss M and my own Little Man thrive on routine and familiarity.  They don't like when things don't go as planned, or as expected. 

I think she will benefit from leaving preschool behind and moving forward to kindergarten.

Now, I won't tell you that transitioning to kindergarten won't be rough for her.  I have a feeling her teacher, parents, new para, everyone involved will be learning a lot about her over the first few weeks.

She might bite.  She might hit.  She might stab with scissors.

But she might not.  She hasn't done that in a long time.

She is growing up.

She will do just fine.

Even if that means leaving me behind.

She needs a new voice and a new pair of eyes.

She needs to spread her wings.

I hope I do as well as she is going to.

I think I'll be okay.

I took on a part-time position {27 hours} working one-on-one with a special needs kindergartener.

This means I can go back to school.

One step at a time.

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment