Sunday, August 14, 2011

What A Way To Waste A Day...Really, Not In A Good Way...

...lazy Sunday...they can be good...they can be bad...today was, what felt like a good one...but it turned bad...

First off, The Husband and I were (kind of) awoken to Little Man..."I'm hungry, so I'm going to make my own biscuit"...I said, "That's fine...if you need help, let me know"...rolled over, and dozed back off...I thought it was around 7:30...surprised that Little Man was so hungry so early, but he is usually up and eating on a school day...and he is an early riser anyway...a few minutes later, Little Man came in our room again... "Mommy, I can't get the straw in my juice pouch...can you help me???".  I helped him and rolled over to go back to sleep...when The Husband says "No wonder he is hungry, it is 11:30"...11:30?!?!?  Really?!?!?  We must have been wiped out, because it is rare that we both sleep that late...that got the day off to a pretty pukey start...

It took a lot for me to get going...a muffin for breakfast and some playing around on the computer...okay, maybe a lot of playing around on the computer...because all of a sudden, it was like 3:30...what a way to waste a day!!!  Nothing good.  At this precise moment, The Husband decided to ream me up and down about my lack of motivation and not wanting to do anything.  THAT is the way to motivate someone who is already struggling...

I understand that The Husband is truly frustrated, and he usually says very little...but he just does not understand that you don't "motivate" someone struggling with depression and anxiety by telling them everything they are doing wrong.  It shuts me down each and every time.  I did eventually get some laundry done, cleaned a counter in the kitchen and unloaded/loaded the dishwasher.  Not a lot, obviously...but to me, it is better than nothing.

We had a very late lunch, Subway, it kind of started the whole "you don't do anything" discussion...we were not hungry for dinner so we ate nachos while watching the WWE "SummerSlam" pay-per-view.  Not healthy or balanced, but just enough.  I have groceries to make dinners all week...now I just need the motivation!!! 

This is gearing up to be a busy week...

Monday ~ work (7:45 am - 12:30 pm), Doctors Appointment (1:40) to finally have the skin tag on my neck removed!!!, back to work (3:45 - 5:15), swim lessons for Little Man (6:00 pm). 

Tuesday ~ work (7:45 am - 4:45 pm), Professional Development for work (6:30 pm - 8:30 pm).  Little Man was supposed to have his "Exerfun" exercise class this evening, but we have to miss it.  He will be at my parents while I am in training. 

Wednesday ~ work (7:45 am - 12:30 pm, then again 3:45 pm - 5:15 pm).  It is also Little Man's 7th birthday, so we might try to do something special, even though The Husband has to work...

Thursday and Friday ~ work

Little Man's birthday party is next Sunday.  It is at our local bowling alley, so there is not a whole lot I have to do in preparation for it.  The cake is ordered, we have all of the WWE themed-balloons (I have to blow them up, but that won't be a big deal) and centerpieces and treat boxes.  I don't know WHAT to put inside these treat boxes...I figure there will be a trip or two to Target this week in search of party favors.  I detest the cheap plastic favors that kids seem to accumulate...but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, either...

So a lot going on...I see some Happy Meal dinners in our future, but I am going to try my best to actually MAKE something...actually DO something...I like trying new recipes when I can (as long as they are easy, and not filled with "weird" ingredients)...and I do like the satisfaction of seeing a clean countertop or having folded laundry, ready to wear...or not have to call Little Man to bring me a roll of toilet paper when I need some!!!  Small steps...it is all I can do...

I know it isn't exciting, but it is my life...

Love to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment