Wednesday, May 7, 2014

...We'll See...

I have been giving some thought lately about my little blog.

My poor, little, neglected blog.

I really enjoy blogging, but lately I haven't had the "time".

I really enjoy blogging, but I don't know quite what to blog about.

What direction should I take the blog?  Is the everyday exciting enough to write about?  Probably not.  I am just an average person.  Nobody special, nobody spectacular.  I am a mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend...on and on and on.  I don't need to "catch" anyone in particular up on what is going on with Little Man...friends and family can find all of that out on Facebook if they need to.

I just don't feel...inspired.

Horrible, right?!?!?

I don't know.  Maybe *not inspired* is not correct. 

I just feel stuck. 

Stuck is more like it.

I want my presence in social media to be bigger and better.  As a mom, as a business woman, as a fan.  I thought I was doing a pretty good job at that, but apparently it could be better.  I am currently not big enough to be "sponsored" nor do I think I ever want to be. 

I don't want to be *that* poster, *that* tweeter, *that* pinner.

You know, the one that seems forced. 

The one that suddenly loves everything new and exciting and shiny.  LOVES it.  Tells the world how much they love it.

Because they are being told to love it.

I will be the first to tell you, PR people won't like me. 

I hide twitter "parties"

I find them highly annoying.

I just get frustrated.  I have a few passions in my life, and I would love to write for their branding.  Tweet for their branding.  Post for their branding.

I can, I am just not "official"

I am not good enough.

Being "just a fan" isn't good enough.

You have to have a following.  You have to have presence. 

Being passionate isn't enough anymore.

That makes me sad. 

I will not compromise myself to get in good with PR people.

***I am not saying that you, or any other bloggers compromise yourself...mmmkay?***

Not at all. 

I don't know you.  I don't know what you stand for.

I know that I WON'T say yes to review every single product I get.

{not that I have been asked to review many products, but so far I have been pleased with the ones I have been asked to review}

For example...will I accept free passes to review the newest movie-spin on "The Wizard of Oz"???

Heck to the no.

You won't hear me talk about it weeks before, during or after a screening.

Why, you might ask???

Because I can't stand the original movie...so much so that anything having to do with it does. not. interest. me.

I guess I just get a little annoyed when I see the

same

things

over

and

over

again

pertaining

to

the

latest

and

greatest

"conference".

Maybe I am jaded.

I don't know.

Still doesn't help me head in the direction that I want this blog to take.

We'll see.

I am going to be better about this.

I have lots on my mind.

{love to all}

No comments:

Post a Comment